Learn how to program in today’s hottest object-oriented languages!
CIE's online Computer Programming with Java and C# is a distance education course that was designed to provide an individual having little or no computer background with the knowledge to join the exploding field of computer programming!
Students graduate with the ability to understand, analyze and program various computer applications used in the business, manufacturing and service industries.
In addition, you will be able to develop and build web pages for personal or professional use, learn how to install and run applications and perform basic system management on your PC.
This program was created specifically for the distance education student. Experience a step-by-step method of learning that allows you to complete each lesson at your own pace when it's convenient for you!
Labs and instructor support are included with tuition. Everything you need to graduate is sent to your home and you can take your exams online.
Once you finish all 48 lessons you’ll have earned a Diploma in Computer Programming and the confidence necessary to start a new career.
What You Will Learn
- Section 1: Introduction to Computers
- Section 2: Operating Systems
- Section 3: Creating a Multimedia Web Page
- Section 4: Introduction to Java Programming
- Section 5: C# Programming
Special Offer | Enroll $15 down | Save 35% | FREE Mug
Annual % Rate
28 @ $50
on-line in Course 1C for only $15 down.
- Save 35% off standard tuition.
- FREE CIE Mug after 10 lessons.
- FREE $10 Bookstore Voucher upon enrolling.
- No Risk Trial Period with a Money Back Pledge if not 100% satisfied. Learn more.
- Includes educational resources like instructor support, a video library and online exams.
- Low monthly payments of $50.
- Call (800) 243-6446 with any questions or e-mail us.
- Courses available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Ohio residents will be enrolled under standard tuition rates.
Discover the CIE Advantage
CIE makes it easy to get your networking training started with absolutely
no risk to you while providing you with all the assistance
you’ll need to succeed.
- Over 80 Years of Distance Learning Experience
Earn a Diploma from a school
that has been teaching via distance learning for over 80
- Take Your Exams Online
The course material is sent to your home and you can take your exams from home on our e-grade web site.
- Full Time Instructor Assistance
Contact our instructors anytime you have
a question with your course work. They’ll help guide
you through your studies one-one-one so you never have to study alone.
- Distance Education
Study at times that are most convenient for
you with our generous time allotment to complete this course (8 months).
- FREE CIE Mug
You will get a FREE CIE Mug sent to you after you complete 10 lessons! Great for your coffee break this attractive mug is black with a gold CIE seal.
- FREE $10 Bookstore Voucher
All students will receive a $10 CIE Bookstore Voucher to use on any item found at the web site ciebookstore.com. This is valid immediately upon registration and can be used on orders over $25.
Approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer postsecondary programs of electronics technology, computer technology and electronic engineering technology. Registration Certificate 70-11-0002H.
Cleveland Institute of Electronics has been an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau since 1964 with an outstanding rating.
A Better Business Bureau Accredited Business rating means the Better Business Bureau has determined that the business meets accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
Our highly trained instructors are only a phone call away (or e-mail) from providing you with reassuring assisance whenever you need it. They will work directly with you one-on-one to answer your questions and provide you with technical assistance when needed.
Open Enrollment Policy
CIE has an open enrollment policy so you can start this program at anytime.
One of the advantages of enrolling with CIE is that you can study at your own pace. Some students go through the program slowly, others at an accelerated level so we can accommodate almost any arrangement that suits you best.
- 48 lessons
- Completion Time Allowed: 12 Months
- Clock hours: 810
Hardware, Software and Internet Requirements:
Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer and connection to the Internet.
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks for this course that are not included in tuition.
Please call an Admissions Advisor at (800) 243-6446 if you have any questions.
Introduction to Computers
- Digital Literacy and the Internet
- Computers, Mobile Devices and Apps
- Inside Computers and Mobile Devices
- Input, Output and Digital Storage
- Operating Systems
- Communications and Networks
- Informations and Data Management
- Information Systems and Program Development
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer Security Basics
- Desktop Virtualization
- Under the Windows Desktop: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows
- Mac OS X on the Desktop
- Linux on the Desktop
- The Command-Line Interface
- Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
Introduction to Web Page Design
- Web Page Development with Hypertext Links
- Designing a Web Page
- Frames and Tables in Web Pages
- Creating Web Page Forms
- Working with Cascading Style Sheets
- Creating a Multimedia Web Page
- Working with Dynamic Page Layout I & II
Introduction to Java Programming
- Intro to Computers, the Internet and WWW
- Intro to Java Applications
- Intro to Classes & Objects
- Control Statements Part 1
- Control Statements Part 2
- Methods: A Deeper Look
- Classes and Objects: A Deeper Look
- Object Oriented Programming: Inheritance
- Programming Files
- OOP and Creating a Simple Application
- Manipulating and Storing Data in Objects
- Program Flow Decisions and Exceptions
- Adding Methods to Objects
- Program Loops
- Introducing C's Program Control Statements
- Arrays and Collections
- User Interface Objects
- Data Files and Persistence
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
End of Lessons Required for Diploma.