Distance Education and Training Council
CIE is an Accredited Member of the Distance Education and Training Council located in Washington, DC.
The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council identifies and accredits distance education and training institutions that have attained and maintained the standards deemed necessary to operate at a high level of quality.
The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
View DETC's listing on the U.S. Department of Education's web site.
View CIE's listing on the U.S. Department of Education's web site.
View CIE's listing on DETC's web site.
For more information on the DETC click here or call 202-234-5100.
DETC's offices are located at 1601 18th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20009
View CIE's Consumer Information Disclosure Form
1. Approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer postsecondary programs of electronics technology, computer technology and electronic engineering technology, as well as the specialized degrees Associate in Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology and Associate in Applied Science in Computer Information Technology and Systems Management. Registration Certificate 70-11-0002H.
2. Approved for tuition assistance under the DANTES program for service members on active duty in the Armed Forces.
CIE's courses are listed in DANTES catalog of Nationally Accredited Distance Learning Programs.
3. Approved by the Ohio State Approving Agency for the training of veterans and eligible military service personal for educational benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill (New G.I. Bill) and the Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP).
4. Listed in the official national roster of Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the American Council on Education (ACE), Washington, D.C.
5. A Member of the Ohio Council of Private College and Schools.
6. Institutional member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Washington, D.C.
7. Certified as an approved institution of higher education and listed in the federal publication, Education Directory Colleges and Universities, as authorized by the Postsecondary Division of Eligibility and Certification.
8. An institutional member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
CIE is a nationally accredited distance learning school that has been
training technicians with our patented lessons and labs for over
seventy years. CIE has programs that cover electronics troubleshooting,
computer technology, wireless communications and networking.
Click here for a complete list of CIE's courses.