Learn to network computers and prepare for the CompTIA Network+ Certification
Knowing how to install, configure and troubleshoot a computer network is a highly marketable skill.
This distance learning course will train individuals with little or no computer networking background about computer networking technology and prepare
them to pass the recently updated CompTIA Network+ Certification exam. (N10-006)
By the course's end they will have gained the skills to select the best network design, hardware and sofware for their environment and know how to maintain and troubleshoot it. In addition, they will be well-prepared to pass CompTIA's Network+ N10-006 certification exam.
Course 3C includes 30 lessons with instructor support that culminates in a Diploma from Cleveland Institute of Electronics.
After completing all 30 lessons graduates will be able to:
- Build a Network from Scratch
- Understand Networking Standards
- Maintain and Upgrade a Network
- Troubleshoot Network Problems
- Network with TCP/IP and the Internet
- Networking with Unix and more!
Section I: Introduction to Computers
- Digital Literacy and the Internet
- Computers, Mobile Devices and Apps
- Inside Computers and Mobile Devices
- Input, Output and Digital Storage
- Operating Systems
- Communications and Networks
- Informations and Data Management
- Information Systems and Program Development
Section II: Operating Systems
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer Security Basics
- Desktop Virtualization
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Under the Windows Desktop: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows
- Mac OS X on the Desktop
- Linux on the Desktop
- The Command-Line Interface
- Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
Section III: CompTIA Network+ Certification Preparation
- An Introduction to Networking
- How Computers Find Each Other on Networks
- How Data Is Transported Over Networks
- Structured Cabling and Networking Elements
- Network Cabling
- Wireless Networking
- Cloud Computing and Remote Access
- Network Risk Management
- Unified Communications and Network Performance Management
- Network Segmentation and Virtualization
- Wide Area Networks
- Industrial and Enterprise Networking
Completion Time Allowed: 8 months
Clock hours: 450
Special Offer - Enroll $15 down and save 40%
Annual % Rate
11 @ $75
on-line in Course 3C for only $15 down.
- SAVE 40% off standard tuition.
- No Risk Trial Period with a Money Back Pledge if not 100% satisfied. Learn more.
- Includes educational resources like instructor support, a video library and online exams.
- Low monthly payments of $75.
- Call (800) 243-6446 with any questions or e-mail us.
- Courses available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Ohio residents are will be enrolled under standard tuition rates.
What is CompTIA Network+ Certification?
The CompTIA Network+ Certification validates competency in networking administration and support.
Those holding Network+ Certification demonstrate critical knowledge on how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot common wired and wireless network devices. Pluse manage emerging technologies such as unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization.
This certification is geared towards those with nine months experience in network administration and support.
In order to receive the CompTIA Network+ certification, you must pass CompTIA's Network+ N10-006 certification exam.
CompTIA Network+ Certfication and Your Career
The demand for skilled network support professionals has grown significantly. The technology community identifies Network+ as the perfect entry point into a networking career.
The CompTIA Network+ certification is a strong foundation that can be applied to a wide variety of careers in many industries.
Combined with networking experience, the career options listed here are ideal for Network+ certified individuals.
- Field Support Technician (entry level)
- Internet Network Specialist (entry level)
- Network Administrator (entry level)
- Network Support Technician (entry level)
Discover the CIE Advantage
CIE makes it easy to get your networking training started with absolutely
no risk to you while providing you with all the assistance
you’ll need to succeed.
- Over 80 Years of Distance Learning Experience
Earn a Diploma from a school
that has been teaching via distance learning for over 80
- Take Your Exams Online
The course material is sent to your home and you can take your exams from home on our e-grade web site.
- Full Time Instructor Assistance
Contact our instructors anytime you have
a question with your course work. They’ll help guide
you through your studies one-one-one so you never have to study alone.
- Distance Education
Study at times that are most convenient for
you with our generous time allotment to complete this course (8 months).
Approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer postsecondary programs of electronics technology, computer technology and electronic engineering technology. Registration Certificate 70-11-0002H.
Cleveland Institute of Electronics has been an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau since 1964 with an outstanding A+ Rating.
A Better Business Bureau Accredited Business rating means the Better Business Bureau has determined that the business meets accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
In addition, Cleveland Institute of Electronics achieved the Better Business Bureau's highest rating of A+.
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks for this course that are not included in tuition. Please call an Admissions Advisor at (800) 243-6446 if you have any questions.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Special Note:
The instruction staff at CIE recommends that students have a solid foundation in PC Hardware and troubleshooting before taking this course. If you're not comfortable with your PC hardware and troubleshooting skills they suggest taking CIE's CompTIA A+ Certification and Computer Technology course (course 2C) as a prerequisite to the Network+ course (course 3C).