Learn to service and troubleshoot home automated systems!
Gain valuable skills that will help you install, service and troubleshoot home automated systems like home security, audio/video, computer networks, electrical wiring, HVAC, cable and satellite.
Learn what it takes to prepare for a career in one of the fastest areas of growth in the electronics industry - Home Automation.
This introductory course does not require any previous home networking experience but by the end of the course you will have a solid foundation in home technology integration.
Gain valuable career skills employers are looking for without leaving your home!
Course 5C includes 30 lessons with unlimited instructor tutorial help that culminates in a Diploma from Cleveland Institute of Electronics.
Learn about the following topics:
- Structured Wiring
- Home Computer Networks
- Troubleshooting Audio & Video Systems
- Home Lighting Systems
- HVAC and Water Management
- Security Systems
- Computer Hardware
- Software Fundamentals
- Operating Systems
- Programming & integrating control devices
Start training to become an Electronic Home Entertainment Installer and Repairer today.
Course 5C Syllabus – 30 lessons for a Diploma:
Section I: Introduction to Computers
Section II: Operating Systems
- Introduction to Computers
- The Internet and the World Wide Web
- Application Software
- The Components of the System Unit
- Operating Systems & Utility Programs
Section III: Digital Home Technology Integrator
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer Security Basics
- Desktop Virtualization
- Disk Operating Systems (DOS)
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Under the Windows
- Linux on the Desktop
- Mac OS X on the Desktop
- The Client Side of Networking
- DHTI Basics
- Home Computer Networks - Install & troubleshoot
- Distributed Audio Basics - Terminology & Components
- Distributed Audio - Install & troubleshoot
- Distributed Video Basics - Signal & Cable types & Satellite
- Home Communication Systems - Design, install & troubleshoot
- Security System Basics
- Security Systems - Design & Install
- Maintaining Home Surveillance Systems
- Home Lighting Basics
- Home Lighting Interfaces and Control Systems
- HVAC, Power Protection, Home Control Troubleshooting
Completion Time Allowed: 8 months
Clock hours: 450
Special Offer to New Home Automation Students
Tuition (20% off)
Annual % Rate
to Home Automation
15 @ $75
on-line in Course 5C for only $10 down & SAVE 20% off standard tuition rates.
- Course includes educational resources like instructor support, instructor-led chat rooms, a video library and online exams.
- 0% Financing with low monthly payments of $75.
- Call (800) 243-6446 with any questions or e-mail us.
Be in Demand for a Great Job!
The opportunities for home systems integrators continue to grow and show no sign of slowing down.
Job prospects for Electronic Home Entertainment Installers and Repairers will be most favorable for those with technical skills with expertise in appropriate electronics and networking applications.
What is Home Automation?
Home automation or home integration is the ability to integrate the latest electronic equipment found in the home. Security, home entertainment, lighting, heating and cooling controls are some of the areas of home integration.
Discover the CIE Advantage!
CIE makes it easy to get your computer training started with absolutely no risk to you while providing you with all the assistance you’ll need to succeed.
Earn a Diploma from CIE
Earn a Diploma from a school that has been teaching via distance learning for over 80 years.
Learn at Home
The course material is sent to your home and you can take your exams from home on our e-grade web site or mail them in to us to be graded.
Full Time Instructor Assistance
Contact our instructors anytime you have a question with your course work. They’ll help guide you through your studies one-one-one so you never have to study alone.
Distance Education Format
Study at times that are most convenient for you with our generous time allotment to complete this course (8 months).
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students who enroll in this course are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks that are not included in tuition. Please call an Admissions Advisor at (800) 243-6446 for the current list of textbooks that need to be purchased or click here to view them now.
Textbook Buyback Program
Textbooks purchased for this course might qualify for our Textbook Buyback Program. The Textbook Buyback Program would enable you to sell your textbooks back to CIE for tuition credit once you're finished with your learning module.