Learn how to program in today’s hottest object-oriented languages!
CIE's online Computer Programming with Java and C# is a distance education course that was designed to provide an individual having little or no computer background with the knowledge to join the exploding field of computer programming!
Students graduate with the ability to understand, analyze and program various computer applications used in the business, manufacturing and service industries.
In addition, you will be able to develop and build web pages for personal or professional use, learn how to install and run applications and perform basic system management on your PC.
This program was created specifically for the distance education student. Experience a step-by-step method of learning that allows you to complete each lesson at your own pace when it's convenient for you!
Labs and instructor support are included with tuition. Everything you need to graduate is sent to your home and you can take your exams online.
Once you finish all 48 lessons you’ll have earned a Diploma in Computer Programming and the confidence necessary to start a new career.
What You Will Learn
- Section 1: Introduction to Computers
- Section 2: Operating Systems
- Section 3: Creating a Multimedia Web Page
- Section 4: Introduction to Java Programming
- Section 5: C# Programming
Our highly trained instructors are only a phone call away (or e-mail) from providing you with reassuring assisance whenever you need it. They will work directly with you one-on-one to answer your questions and provide you with technical assistance when needed.
Open Enrollment Policy
CIE has an open enrollment policy so you can start this program at anytime.
One of the advantages of enrolling with CIE is that you can study at your own pace. Some students go through the program slowly, others at an accelerated level so we can accommodate almost any arrangement that suits you best.
- 48 lessons
- Completion Time Allowed: 12 Months
- Clock hours: 810
Hardware, Software and Internet Requirements:
Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer and connection to the Internet.
Special Offer - Enroll $15 down and Save 40%
Annual % Rate
25 @ $50
on-line in Course 1C for only $15 down.
- SAVE 40% off standard tuition.
- No Risk Trial Period with a Money Back Pledge if not 100% satisfied. Learn more.
- Includes educational resources like instructor support, a video library and online exams.
- Low monthly payments of $50.
- Call (800) 243-6446 with any questions or e-mail us.
- Courses available to residents of the United States, Australia and foreign countries located in North America. Ohio residents are will be enrolled under standard tuition rates.
Approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer postsecondary programs of electronics technology, computer technology and electronic engineering technology. Registration Certificate 70-11-0002H.
Cleveland Institute of Electronics has been an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau since 1964 with an outstanding rating.
A Better Business Bureau Accredited Business rating means the Better Business Bureau has determined that the business meets accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks for this course that are not included in tuition.
Please call an Admissions Advisor at (800) 243-6446 if you have any questions.
Introduction to Computers
- Digital Literacy and the Internet
- Computers, Mobile Devices and Apps
- Inside Computers and Mobile Devices
- Input, Output and Digital Storage
- Operating Systems
- Communications and Networks
- Informations and Data Management
- Information Systems and Program Development
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer Security Basics
- Desktop Virtualization
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Under the Windows Desktop: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows
- Mac OS X on the Desktop
- Linux on the Desktop
- The Command-Line Interface
- Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
Introduction to Web Page Design
- Web Page Development with Hypertext Links
- Designing a Web Page
- Frames and Tables in Web Pages
- Creating Web Page Forms
- Working with Cascading Style Sheets
- Creating a Multimedia Web Page
- Working with Dynamic Page Layout I & II
Introduction to Java Programming
- Intro to Computers, the Internet and WWW
- Intro to Java Applications
- Intro to Classes & Objects
- Control Statements Part 1
- Control Statements Part 2
- Methods: A Deeper Look
- Classes and Objects: A Deeper Look
- Object Oriented Programming: Inheritance
- Programming Files
- OOP and Creating a Simple Application
- Manipulating and Storing Data in Objects
- Program Flow Decisions and Exceptions
- Adding Methods to Objects
- Program Loops
- Introducing C's Program Control Statements
- Arrays and Collections
- User Interface Objects
- Data Files and Persistence
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
End of Lessons Required for Diploma.