CIE Refund/Cancellation Policy
You may request to cancel in any manner, but a written request is recommended. Tuition refunds will be based on the date you cancel, as follows:
1) CAREER COURSES (1A - 14B): If the student cancels within 5 calendar days after midnight of the day the student signs the Enrollment Agreement (FULL REFUND PERIOD), the student will receive a full refund with no further obligation.
2) If the student cancels after the FULL REFUND PERIOD but before the school receives the first completed lesson, the student will be charged a registration fee of 15% of the tuition or $125, whichever is less.
3) If the student cancels after the school receives the first completed lesson, the student's tuition obligation will be a registration fee plus a portion of the remaining tuition as defined below:
|Percentage of Course
|Amount of Refundable
|- 10% or less
||- 10% of tuition
|- Between 11% - 25%
||- 25% of tuition
|- Between 26% - 50%
||- 50% of tuition
|- Over 50%
||- Obligated for full tuition
CIE may charge for any unused equipment and/or unserviced lessons.
CIE Student Rights and Obligations:
1. Your enrollment represents an investment in education. Your lessons will be sent to you when you need them as you progress through your course. You are entitled to the tuition as stated at the time of enrollment through graduation..
2. CIE will pay surface shipping costs for lesson material to students located in the Continental U.S. Shipping costs for program-related equipment or software and any customs duties levied on such equipment or software will be paid by the student. The cost of air shipments when requested by the student must be prepaid by the student.
3. If you elect to pay all or part of your tuition on a monthly basis, all payments must be made when due, regardless of your rate of study progress. In the event a regularly scheduled monthly payment is not received at the school on the date on which it is due, a late charge of $15/month (Career Course) will be assessed for each such late payment. A $30.00 charge will be added to your account every time a check is returned for insufficient funds. Delinquent accounts will be sent to a collection agency. Students are liable for costs incurred by the collection agency. This contract is void after course time limits have been reached. See catalog for course time limits or visit www.cie-wc.edu.
4. Full tuition payment entitles you to educational materials and service subject to #1 (Student Rights and Obligations) for the Completion Time Allowed and during any authorized Course Extension. Students who enroll in courses 1C, 2, 2C, 3C, 4, 4C, 5, 5B, 6, 6C, 7C, 8C or 14B are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks that are not included in tuition.
Estimated Textbook Fees:
Course 1C $545
Course 2 $334
Course 2C $457
Course 3C $427
Course 4 $135
Course 4C $403
Course 5 $166
Course 5B $166
Course 6 $411
Course 6C $279
Course 7C $664
Course 8C $141
Course 14B $191
Please vist www.cie-wc.edu/textbook_prices.aspx for current textbook prices. If a 3 month extension to any Career Course is granted, a $100 Extension Fee will be applied. Other student rights, including the right to cancel your enrollment, cease upon expiration of the Completion Time Allowed for your course.
5. Upon successful completion of all academic and financial requirements for Courses 1A-14B, you will be awarded a Certificate or Diploma.
6. CIE reserves the right to make revisions in program curricula leading to increased educational value to the student.
7. Ten percent or $250 (whichever is less) of your total tuition needs to be paid in order to receive the initial lab equipment.
8. If applicant is under 18 years of age, the parent or guardian must sign the application as financial sponsor, and such signature shall bind such person to all the terms upon acceptance by the school.
9. Standards of Academic Progress: In order for a student to meet any and all obligations, it's recommended that a minimum of 1 lesson be completed per week.
Grievances Regarding Education and Services
If a student has a problem or complaint, the student may register the problem or complaint with the President of CIE. In addition, the student can register the complaint with the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, 30 East Broad Street, 24th Floor, Suite 2481, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Toll Free: (877) 275-4219 or local (614) 466-2752
The first monthly payment will be due 30 days after your enrollment is received at CIE. Subsequent installments will be due the same day of each month thereafter until the full tuition is paid. You have the right to pay off in advance the full amount due and receive a partial refund of the finance charge. Do not send cash through the mail. Please use a personal check, money order, PayPal, credit card, and/or Western Union payable only to CIE Inc.
The following statement is required by the Federal Trade Commission.
ANY HOLDER OF THIS CONSUMER CREDIT CONTRACT IS SUBJECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND DEFENSES WHICH THE DEBTOR COULD ASSERT AGAINST THE SELLER OF GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED PURSUANT HERETO OR WITH THE PROCEEDS HEREOF. RECOVERY HEREUNDER BY THE DEBTOR SHALL NOT EXCEED AMOUNTS PAID BY THE DEBTOR HEREUNDER.
Clock Hours and Completion Time Allowed (CTA):
Course 1B Clock Hours: 1,035, CTA 24 months
Course 1C Clock Hours: 810, CTA 12 Months
Course 2 Clock Hours: 915; CTA 24 Months
Course 2C Clock Hours: 540; CTA 8 Months
Course 3C Clock Hours: 450; CTA 8 Months,
Course 4 Clock Hours: 930; CTA 24 Months
Course 4C Clock Hours: 450; CTA 8 Months
Course 5 Clock Hours: 930; CTA 18 months,
Course 5B Clock Hours: 480, CTA 12 months
Course 6 Clock Hours: 1,650, CTA 30 Months
Course 6C Clock Hours: 270; CTA 8 Months
Course 7C Clock Hours: 630; CTA 12 Months
Course 8C Clock Hours: 510; CTA 9 Months
Course 14B Clock Hours: 1,590; CTA 42 Months
Please call (800) 243-6446 with any questions. You can enroll online at www.cie-wc.edu. Office Location: CIE: 1776 E 17th Street, Cleveland, OH 44114