CompTIA A+ Certification & Computer Technology Course
Learn to Troubleshoot Computers and prepare for the A+ Certification online with this Distance Learning Course!
CIE's A+ Certification
course will train individuals with little or no computer
background about computer technology, computer troubleshooting and prepare them to
pass the recently updated CompTIA A+ Certification exams.
The CompTIA A+ certification is the starting point for a career in IT. It ensures that holders are skilled at PC maintenance, networking, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems, printers, security and troubleshooting techniques.
Course 2C includes 33 lessons that will cover these topics in detail and comes with superior instructor
support. Take your exams online and earn a Diploma from Cleveland
Institute of Electronics once finished.
This course was updated to prepare students for CompTIA's recently released CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
Complete all 33 lessons you will
be prepared to take the CompTIA A+ Certification test and
do the following:
- Troubleshoot Computers
- Hard Drive Installation and Support
- Networking Fundamentals
- Work with Different Operating Systems
- Work with Printers and Fonts
- Maintain Computers
- Work with Graphics
- Manage Memories
- Disaster Recovery and Virus Control
Start training to become a Computer Support
Specialist, Help Desk Technician or Computer Technician.
A+ Certification Course Syllabus:
Section I: Introduction to Computers
Section II: Operating Systems
- Digital Literacy and the Internet
- Computers, Mobile Devices and Apps
- Inside Computers and Mobile Devices
- Input, Output and Digital Storage
- Operating Systems
- Communications and Networks
- Informations and Data Management
- Information Systems and Program Development
Section III: A+ Certification Preparation
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer Security Basics
- Desktop Virtualization
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Under the Windows Desktop: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows
- Mac OS X on the Desktop
- Linux on the Desktop
- The Command-Line Interface
- Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
- First Look at Computer Parts and Tools
- Working Inside a Desktop Computer and Laptop
- Motherboards, Supporting Processors and Upgrading Memory
- Supporting the Power System and Troubleshooting Computers
- Supporting Hard Drives
- Installing Windows
- Supporting I/O Devices
- Maintaining Windows and Optimizing Windows
- Troubleshooting Windows and Applications and Troubleshooting Windows Startup Problems
- Connecting to and Setting up a Network
- Mobile Operating Systems
- Windows Resources on a Network
- Security Strategies
- Supporting Printers and Customizing a System
- Virtualization, Linux and Mac OS X
Completion Time Allowed: 8 months
Clock hours: 540
Special Offer: Enroll Today $15 Down and Save 40%
Annual % Rate
11 @ $75
on-line in Course 2C for only $15 down.
- SAVE 40% off standard tuition.
- No Risk Trial Period with a Money Back Pledge if not 100% satisfied. Learn more.
- Includes educational resources like instructor support, a video library and online exams.
- Low monthly payments of $75.
- Call (800) 243-6446 with any questions or e-mail us.
- Courses available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Ohio residents will be enrolled under standard tuition rates.
What is A+ Certification?
The CompTIA A+ Certification is one of the most sought after credentials in the Information Technology industry.
A+ Certification signifies that the certified
individual possesses the knowledge and skills essential
for a successful entry-level computer service technician,
as defined by experts from companies across the industry.
A+ Certification is sponsored by the Computing
Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and is backed
by major computer hardware and software vendors, distributors,
resellers and publications.
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams; 220-901 and 220-902.
The 220-901 exam covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues.
The 220-902 exam covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures..
Be in Demand for a Great Job
Get A+ Certified and train to become a Computer
Support Specialist, Help Desk Technician or Computer Technician.
The U.S. Department of Labor projects the
Specialist to be among the FASTEST growing occupations!*
Employment is expected to increase much faster
average for all occupations as organizations continue to
Demand for Computer Support Specialists is
expected to increase because of the rapid pace of improved
As computers and software become more complex,
support specialists will be needed to provide technical
assistance to customers and other users.
* Occupational Outlook Handbook - U.S.
Department of Labor.
Discover the CIE Advantage
CIE makes it easy to get your computer training started with absolutely
no risk to you while providing you with all the assistance
you’ll need to succeed.
Over 80 Years of Distance Learning Experience
Earn a Diploma from a school
that has been teaching via distance learning for over 80
Take Your Exams Online
The course material is sent to your home and you can take your exams from home on our e-grade web site.
Full Time Instructor Assistance
Contact our instructors anytime you have
a question with your course work. They’ll help guide
you through your studies one-one-one so you never have to study alone.
Study at times that are most convenient for
you with our generous time allotment to complete this course (8 months).
Textbook Buyback Program
Some lesson modules in this course include textbooks that would qualify for our Textbook Buyback Program.
CIE’s Textbook Buyback Program enables you to sell your textbooks back to CIE for tuition credit once you are finished with your learning module. They must be in a like-new appearance with no marks, tears or folds.
You are under no obligation to use this service but if you don’t want to keep your textbooks for reference we’ll be happy to buy them back and give you tuition credit. You can start this program at any time during your course.
Approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer postsecondary programs of electronics technology, computer technology and electronic engineering technology. Registration Certificate 70-11-0002H.
Cleveland Institute of Electronics has been an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau since 1964 with an outstanding A+ Rating.
A Better Business Bureau Accredited Business rating means the Better Business Bureau has determined that the business meets accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
In addition, Cleveland Institute of Electronics acheived the Better Business Bureau's highest rating of A+.
Get started today with $15 down
on-line in Course 2C with$15
down & Save 40%.
Tuition is $855.
Finance your tuition with low monthly payments of only $75!
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks for this course that are not included in tuition. Please call an Admissions Advisor at (800) 243-6446 if you have any questions.